East Penn School District Technology
The Office of Technology is the proud winner of the NSBA (National School Boards Association) Excellence in Technology award for 2013. We are the first school district to win this award in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The East Penn School District hosted a nation-wide site visit on April 28, 29 & 30 2013. We had visitors from across the country tour our schools and learn first-hand how technology tools and digital resources are working to meet our curriculum goals.
Technology has become such a vital necessity for students as the need for collaboration, data exchange and academic support continues to accelerate at exponential rates. As technology needs continue to develop and grow, our technology continues to change. The Office of Technology is responsible for meeting the technology needs of East Penn School District by providing services for Educational Technology, Information Technology and Enterprise Systems.
Growing student, parent, faculty and administrative expectations for anytime, anywhere, any device access to learning has driven several strategic goals and vision. We are committed to developing technology applications and solutions that enhance classroom learning.
Technology Strategic Vision & Direction
- Create a safe online learning environment
- Continually work to reduce the student-to-computer ratio in all schools
- Expand the East Penn School District’s cloud ecosystem (Moodle ~ Google Docs ~ Mahara)
- Create a technological environment in which learning continues once the school doors close
- Provide and promote technology resources to enhance productivity, teaching and learning
- Provide tools to help students become problem-solvers and critical thinkers
- Promote the use of non-proprietary educational software
- Promote the use of non-proprietary hardware (devices)
- Deploy a transparent, clear and consistent refresh cycle
Michael J. Mohn
Director of Technology – (610) 966-8381 | Email
Technology Integration Specialist
Student Information System